With an array of local SA designers ready to walk the Fashion in the Port runway on November 23rd as part of the South Australian Fashion Focus Weekend (SAFFW), this is certainly the fashion spectacular you do not want to miss!
Fashion in the Port is the second of a trio of events part of SAFFW, and will attract local guests to Port Adelaide to embrace the fantastic designers and talent we have in our state.
From the bright colours and patterns of Mifufu! to the delicately designed garments of House of Campbell, each designer who was individually chosen to take part in the fashion-forward showcase offers a diverse and eclectic style true to their own taste.
Director of Ellery Events Australia and event organiser, Katelyn Ellery, said SAFFW aims to create an opportunity for local designers, models and creatives to get involved in a professional fashion event.
“The South Australian Fashion Focus Weekend was the clear next step for SA’s fashion events. We’re aiming to re-energise the fashion industry with small business in mind,” said Ellery.
Each person involved in SAFFW, whether they’re a model, photographer, make-up artist or volunteer, is from South Australia.
“Never before has there been an event like this, run by the people, for the people. We’re seeking to shake up the status quo and create educational and showcase opportunities for our Adelaide fashion community,” she continued.
Twenty-two local designers will walk the SAFFW runway, some planning to reveal an entirely new collection!
“Fashion can be loved by all, there is no clique when it comes to events run by Ellery Events Australia. We create a welcoming environment for all to enjoy,” Ellery said.
Tickets to both the Next-Gen Industry Mixer and Fashion in the Port are available online. See you there!
Set designers for Fashion in The Port include:
- Couture Love Madness
- Georgy Collection
- Mimi-Jane Millinery
- House of Campbell
- Dark Thorn Clothing
- Solomon Street
- Portico the label
- Boulevard Garments
- Valente the label
- Ebony Laura
- Miko & Mollie
- Romp Squad
- Alexander Melhuish
- Star Wears Status
- DeLuca Tailors
- Shador the label
+ more to come…
Friday November 22: Next-Gen Industry Mixer Ticket Inclusions:
- Exclusive “Conversation Starter” Cocktail on arrival
- Live DJ – Colin Coleman – DJ Audioporn
- Jam packed Next-Gen gift bags
- Nutritional treats & sweets to feast upon
- Social Conference – Exclusive Industry Guest Speakers
- Next-Gen Runway Show
- Free Parking
Saturday November 23: Fashion in the Port – Ticket Inclusions:
- Access to a jam-packed multi-label runway production
- Champagne on arrival from our Hollywood art deco inspired, Speakeasy Bar
- Seasonal display of fresh produce and grazing varieties
- Networking opportunities to strengthen your industry connections
- A killer gift bag with goodies from our long list of partners and sponsors
- Social & Street Style Photography to capture those knockout outfits
Sunday November 24: Creative Lifestyle Market + SA Designer and Boutique Showcase
- Free event, all ages
- Completely indoors
- Full Air-Conditioning & Heating
- Abundance of free car parking for patrons
- Mezzanine Bar, Food Stalls & In-House Eateries
- Abundance of SA Stall Holders, Fashion & Lifestyle Stalls
- Vibrant, Social and on-trend market atmosphere
- Photographers on site for socials, street style & market snaps
- Wheelchair, Ramp & Lift Access
- Kids Zones – Craft Activities & Face Painting